- Kochia Scoparia is a hardy and drought-tolerant foliage plant grown as ornamental as well as forage plant.
- It is a quick growing plant that tends to form rounded or pyramid body of dense leaves and branches.
- Young plants of Kochia are bright green and color but turn red in colder climate as they mature.
- Thin and finely cut leaves of Kochia add to its ornamental value.
- It is useful as accent plant in landscapes and grows in almost any soil.
- For this reason, Kochia is sometimes grown at mass level to control soil erosion, and for reclamation or re-vegetation of land.
- Kochia Scoparia contains higher levels of protein and oxalate than most grasses and fodder plants, thus it also serves as a good forage crop for livestock.
- When grown as ornamental plant, Kochia is a good choice as evergreen foliage plant for landscapes.
- Brand new and high quality.
- Soil: Any soil.
- Rate of growth: rapid.
- Hardiness: fully hardy.
- Height: 15 to 36 inches (40 to 90 cm).
- Flowers: Summer.
- Flower Details: Light green, white. Hairy flowers that sprout from strap shaped leaf axils.
- Foliage: Lanceolate. Flattened. Green through to red.
- Sow Inside: Soak seeds overnight. Use peat pots. Germination time: one to two weeks in the light. Temperature 70°F (21°C). Seven or eight weeks in advance. Transplant outdoors towards the end of spring.
- Requirements: Full sunlight. Drought tolerant.
- Miscellaneous: Forms tumbleweeds.
- Foliage changes colour from bright green in the summer to red in the autumn.
- Amazing Kochia Scoparia .
- Ornamental and suitable for warm climate.
- A drought resistant as well.
- Ability to grow in any time during growing season.
- 1 X 200 Grass Seeds
NO Retail Box. Packed Safely in Bubble Bag.